- Bruhn S.L.
- Pil P.M.
- Essigmann J.M.
- Housman D.E.
- Lippard S.J.
- Forcales S.V.
- Albini S.
- Giordani L.
- Malecova B.
- Cignolo L.
- Chernov A.
- Coutinho P.
- Saccone V.
- Consalvi S.
- Williams R.
- Wang K.
- Wu Z.
- Baranovskaya S.
- Miller A.
- Dilworth F.J.
- Puri P.L.
- MyoD and the transcriptional control of myogenesis.Semin. Cell Dev. Biol. 2005; 16: 585-595
- An initial blueprint for myogenic differentiation.Genes Dev. 2005; 19: 553-569
- Cooperative activation of muscle gene expression by MEF2 and myogenic bHLH proteins.Cell. 1995; 83: 1125-1136
- The Mef2c gene is a direct transcriptional target of myogenic bHLH and MEF2 proteins during skeletal muscle development.Development. 2001; 128: 4623-4633
- MyoD or Myf-5 is required for the formation of skeletal muscle.Cell. 1993; 75: 1351-1359
- Mrf4 determines skeletal muscle identity in Myf5:Myod double-mutant mice.Nature. 2004; 431: 466-471
- Muscle deficiency and neonatal death in mice with a targeted mutation in the myogenin gene.Nature. 1993; 364: 501-506
- Myogenin gene disruption results in perinatal lethality because of severe muscle defect.Nature. 1993; 364: 532-535
- Myogenin is required for late but not early aspects of myogenesis during mouse development.J. Cell Biol. 1995; 128: 563-576
- Two domains of MyoD mediate transcriptional activation of genes in repressive chromatin. A mechanism for lineage determination in myogenesis.Genes Dev. 1997; 11: 436-450
- MEF2. A central regulator of diverse developmental programs.Development. 2007; 134: 4131-4140
- Mammalian SWI/SNF complexes promote MyoD-mediated muscle differentiation.Nat. Gen. 2001; 27: 187-190
- MyoD targets chromatin remodeling complexes to the myogenin locus prior to forming a stable DNA-bound complex.Mol. Cell. Biol. 2005; 25: 3997-4009
- p38 pathway targets SWI-SNF chromatin-remodeling complex to muscle-specific loci.Nat. Gen. 2004; 36: 738-743
- Skeletal muscle specification by myogenin and Mef2D via the SWI/SNF ATPase Brg1.EMBO J. 2006; 25: 490-501
- Myogenin and the SWI/SNF ATPase Brg1 maintain myogenic gene expression at different stages of skeletal myogenesis.J. Biol. Chem. 2007; 282: 6564-6570
- FACT, a factor that facilitates transcript elongation through nucleosomes.Cell. 1998; 92: 105-116
- The chromatin-specific transcription elongation factor FACT comprises human SPT16 and SSRP1 proteins.Nature. 1999; 400: 284-288
- Spt16 and Pob3 of Saccharomyces cerevisiae form an essential, abundant heterodimer that is nuclear, chromatin-associated, and copurifies with DNA polymerase alpha.Biochemistry. 1999; 38: 8961-8971
- The Saccharomyces cerevisiae DNA polymerase α catalytic subunit interacts with Cdc68/Spt16 and with Pob3, a protein similar to an HMG1-like protein.Mol. Cell. Biol. 1997; 17: 4178-4190
- Isolation and characterization of human cDNA clones encoding a high mobility group box protein that recognizes structural distortions to DNA caused by binding of the anticancer agent cisplatin.Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 1992; 89: 2307-2311
- Interaction of FACT, SSRP1, and the high mobility group (HMG) domain of SSRP1 with DNA damaged by the anticancer drug cisplatin.J. Biol. Chem. 2001; 276: 25736-25741
- Histone chaperone FACT coordinates nucleosome interaction through multiple synergistic binding events.J. Biol. Chem. 2011; 286: 41883-41892
- The histone chaperone FACT. Structural insights and mechanisms for nucleosome reorganization.J. Biol. Chem. 2011; 286: 18369-18374
- FACT and the reorganized nucleosome.Mol. Biosyst. 2008; 4: 1085-1093
- FACT facilitates transcription-dependent nucleosome alteration.Science. 2003; 301: 1090-1093
- yFACT induces global accessibility of nucleosomal DNA without H2A-H2B displacement.Mol. Cell. 2009; 35: 365-376
- Signal-dependent incorporation of MyoD-BAF60c into Brg1-based SWI/SNF chromatin-remodelling complex.EMBO J. 2012; 31: 301-316
- FACT and the proteasome promote promoter chromatin disassembly and transcriptional initiation.J. Biol. Chem. 2009; 284: 23461-23471
- The yeast FACT complex has a role in transcriptional initiation.Mol. Cell. Biol. 2005; 25: 5812-5822
- The FACT complex travels with elongating RNA polymerase II and is important for the fidelity of transcriptional initiation in vivo.Mol. Cell. Biol. 2003; 23: 8323-8333
- Modulation of SRF-dependent gene expression by association of SPT16 with MKL1.Exp. Cell Res. 2008; 314: 629-637
- Cooperative transcriptional activation by serum response factor and the high mobility group protein SSRP1.J. Biol. Chem. 1999; 274: 15686-15693
- Basic Cell Culture Protocols. 2nd Ed. Humana Press, Totawa, NJ1997
- γ Interferon modulates myogenesis through the major histocompatibility complex class II transactivator, CIITA.Mol. Cell. Biol. 2011; 31: 2854-2866
- Analysis of stable and transient protein-protein interactions.Methods Mol. Biol. 2012; 833: 143-152
- ChAP-MS. A method for identification of proteins and histone posttranslational modifications at a single genomic locus.Cell Reports. 2012; 2: 198-205
- A quantitative proteomic analysis of FFPE melanoma.J. Cutan. Pathol. 2011; 38: 933-936
- Target gene selectivity of the myogenic basic helix-loop-helix transcription factor myogenin in embryonic muscle.Dev. Biol. 2007; 311: 650-664
- Sequential association of myogenic regulatory factors and E proteins at muscle-specific genes.Skelet. Muscle. 2011; 1: 14
- MyoD and E-protein heterodimers switch rhabdomyosarcoma cells from an arrested myoblast phase to a differentiated state.Genes Dev. 2009; 23: 694-707
- Molecular distinction between specification and differentiation in the myogenic basic helix-loop-helix transcription factor family.Mol. Cell. Biol. 2001; 21: 2404-2412
- MyoD induces myogenic differentiation through cooperation of its NH2- and COOH-terminal regions.J. Cell Biol. 2005; 171: 471-482
- Expression of FACT in mammalian tissues suggests its role in maintaining of undifferentiated state of cells.Oncotarget. 2011; 2: 783-796
- Dynamic loss of H2B ubiquitylation without corresponding changes in H3K4 trimethylation during myogenic differentiation.Mol. Cell. Biol. 2012; 32: 1044-1055
- Progression through the RNA polymerase II CTD cycle.Mol. Cell. 2009; 36: 541-546
- The high-mobility-group box protein SSRP1/T160 is essential for cell viability in day 3.5 mouse embryos.Mol. Cell. Biol. 2003; 23: 5301-5307
- Opposing roles for Set2 and yFACT in regulating TBP binding at promoters.EMBO J. 2006; 25: 4479-4489
- Genome-wide MyoD binding in skeletal muscle cells: a potential for broad cellular reprogramming.Dev. Cell. 2010; 18: 662-674
- Differentiation and fiber type-specific activity of a muscle creatine kinase intronic enhancer.Skelet. Muscle. 2011; 1: 25
User LicenseCreative Commons Attribution (CC BY 4.0) |
- Read, print & download
- Redistribute or republish the final article
- Text & data mine
- Translate the article
- Reuse portions or extracts from the article in other works
- Sell or re-use for commercial purposes
Elsevier's open access license policy