- Ducommun S.
- Deak M.
- Sumpton D.
- Ford R.J.
- Núñez Galindo A.
- Kussmann M.
- Viollet B.
- Steinberg G.R.
- Foretz M.
- Dayon L.
- Morrice N.A.
- Sakamoto K.
MNK1a Is a Novel AMPK Target in Vitro
Cellular MNK1a Is Phosphorylated at Ser353 upon AMPK Activation
MNK1a-Ser353 Phosphorylation Is AMPK-dependent and Involves Direct Physical Interaction
Metabolic Stress-induced MNK1a-Ser353 Phosphorylation Controls Its Kinase Activity toward eIF4E
Recombinant Protein Purification and Cell-free Kinase Assays
Cell Culture, Chemicals, and Antibodies
Immunoprecipitation and Immunoblotting
eIF4E Kinase Assay
- AMPK: a nutrient and energy sensor that maintains energy homeostasis.Nat. Rev. Mol. Cell Biol. 2012; 13: 251-262
- AMPK in health and disease.Physiol. Rev. 2009; 89: 1025-1078
- The regulation of AMP-activated protein kinase by phosphorylation.Biochem. J. 2000; 345: 437-443
- Identification of phosphorylation sites in AMP-activated protein kinase (AMPK) for upstream AMPK kinases and study of their roles by site-directed mutagenesis.J. Biol. Chem. 2003; 278: 28434-28442
- The recruitment of AMP-activated protein kinase to glycogen is regulated by autophosphorylation.J. Biol. Chem. 2015; 290: 11715-11728
- Bypassing AMPK phosphorylation.Chem. Biol. 2014; 21: 567-569
- Evolving lessons on the complex role of AMPK in normal physiology and cancer.Trends Pharmacol. Sci. 2016; 37: 192-206
- Targeting AMPK for cancer prevention and treatment.Oncotarget. 2015; 6: 7365-7378
- The AMPK signalling pathway coordinates cell growth, autophagy and metabolism.Nat. Cell Biol. 2011; 13: 1016-1023
- Regulation of mammalian acetyl-CoA carboxylase.Biochem. Soc. Trans. 2002; 30: 1059-1064
- AMPK phosphorylation of raptor mediates a metabolic checkpoint.Mol. Cell. 2008; 30: 214-226
- The TSC1-TSC2 complex: a molecular switchboard controlling cell growth.Biochem. J. 2008; 412: 179-190
- Motif affinity and mass spectrometry proteomic approach for the discovery of cellular AMPK targets: identification of mitochondrial fission factor as a new AMPK substrate.Cell. Signal. 2015; 27: 978-988
- Novel candidate substrates of AMP-activated protein kinase identified in red blood cell lysates.Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 2010; 398: 296-301
- New candidate targets of AMP-activated protein kinase in murine brain revealed by a novel multidimensional substrate-screen for protein kinases.J. Proteome Res. 2007; 6: 3266-3277
- Chemical genetic screen for AMPKα2 substrates uncovers a network of proteins involved in mitosis.Mol. Cell. 2011; 44: 878-892
- Two-hybrid analysis identifies PSMD11, a non-ATPase subunit of the proteasome, as a novel interaction partner of AMP-activated protein kinase.Int. J. Biochem. Cell Biol. 2009; 41: 2431-2439
- Global identification of protein kinase substrates by protein microarray analysis.Nat. Protoc. 2009; 4: 1820-1827
- Exploring the Target Spectrum of AMP-activated Protein Kinase Ph.D dissertation, Diss. ETH No. 18981. ETH Zurich, Switzerland2010: 84-109
- Targeting Mnks for cancer therapy.Oncotarget. 2012; 3: 118-131
- The C-terminal domain of Mnk1a plays a dual role in tightly regulating its activity.Biochem. J. 2009; 423: 279-290
- Mitogen-activated protein kinases activate the serine/threonine kinases Mnk1 and Mnk2.EMBO J. 1997; 16: 1909-1920
- Phosphorylation of the cap-binding protein eukaryotic translation initiation factor 4E by protein kinase Mnk1 in vivo.Mol. Cell. Biol. 1999; 19: 1871-1880
- The phosphorylation of eukaryotic initiation factor eIF4E in response to phorbol esters, cell stresses, and cytokines is mediated by distinct MAP kinase pathways.J. Biol. Chem. 1998; 273: 9373-9377
- Human eukaryotic translation initiation factor 4G (eIF4G) recruits Mnk1 to phosphorylate eIF4E.EMBO J. 1999; 18: 270-279
- Targeting the translation machinery in cancer.Nat. Rev. Drug Discov. 2015; 14: 261-278
- Signalling to eIF4E in cancer.Biochem. Soc. Trans. 2015; 43: 763-772
- Glutathione S-transferases interact with AMP-activated protein kinase: evidence for S-glutathionylation and activation in vitro.PLoS ONE. 2013; 8: e62497
- Mechanism of action of A-769662, a valuable tool for activation of AMP-activated protein kinase.J. Biol. Chem. 2007; 282: 32549-32560
- Beyond AICA riboside: in search of new specific AMP-activated protein kinase activators.IUBMB Life. 2009; 61: 18-26
- Targeting translation: eIF4E as an emerging anticancer drug target.Expert Rev. Mol. Med. 2016; 18: e2
- ERK and p38 MAPK-activated protein kinases: a family of protein kinases with diverse biological functions.Microbiol. Mol. Biol. Rev. 2004; 68: 320-344
- Mnk2 and Mnk1 are essential for constitutive and inducible phosphorylation of eukaryotic initiation factor 4E but not for cell growth or development.Mol. Cell. Biol. 2004; 24: 6539-6549
- Mnk kinase pathway: Cellular functions and biological outcomes.World J. Biol. Chem. 2014; 5: 321-333
- AMPK: a target for drugs and natural products with effects on both diabetes and cancer.Diabetes. 2013; 62: 2164-2172
- Mnks, eIF4E phosphorylation and cancer.Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 2015; 1849: 766-773
- Co-expression of LKB1, MO25α and STRADα in bacteria yield the functional and active heterotrimeric complex.Mol. Biotechnol. 2007; 36: 220-231
- Advanced mammalian gene transfer: high titre retroviral vectors with multiple drug selection markers and a complementary helper-free packaging cell line.Nucleic Acids Res. 1990; 18: 3587-3596
- Episomal vectors rapidly and stably produce high-titer recombinant retrovirus.Hum. Gene Ther. 1996; 7: 1405-1413
- Mapping of signaling pathways by functional interaction proteomics.Methods Mol. Biol. 2008; 484: 177-192
- MaxQuant enables high peptide identification rates, individualized p.p.b.-range mass accuracies and proteome-wide protein quantification.Nat. Biotechnol. 2008; 26: 1367-1372
- Andromeda: a peptide search engine integrated into the MaxQuant environment.J. Proteome Res. 2011; 10: 1794-1805
- 5′-AMP-activated protein kinase (AMPK) is induced by low-oxygen and glucose deprivation conditions found in solid-tumor microenvironments.Mol. Cell. Biol. 2006; 26: 5336-5347
User licenseCreative Commons Attribution (CC BY 4.0) |
- Read, print & download
- Redistribute or republish the final article
- Text & data mine
- Translate the article
- Reuse portions or extracts from the article in other works
- Sell or re-use for commercial purposes
Elsevier's open access license policy