- Roher A.E.
- Lowenson J.D.
- Clarke S.
- Wolkow C.
- Wang R.
- Cotter R.J.
- Reardon I.M.
- Zürcher-Neely H.A.
- Heinrikson R.L.
- Ball M.J.
- Greenberg B.D.
- Buxbaum J.D.
- Liu K.N.
- Luo Y.
- Slack J.L.
- Stocking K.L.
- Peschon J.J.
- Johnson R.S.
- Castner B.J.
- Cerretti D.P.
- Black R.A.
- Liu K.
- Solano I.
- Mann D.
- Lemere C.
- Mercken M.
- Trojanowski J.Q.
- Lee V.M.
- Zhou L.
- Brouwers N.
- Benilova I.
- Vandersteen A.
- Mercken M.
- Van Laere K.
- Van Damme P.
- Demedts D.
- Van Leuven F.
- Sleegers K.
- Broersen K.
- Van Broeckhoven C.
- Vandenberghe R.
- De Strooper B.
- Identification of a novel aspartic protease (Asp 2) as β-secretase.Mol. Cell Neurosci. 1999; 14: 419-427
- Purification and cloning of amyloid precursor protein β-secretase from human brain.Nature. 1999; 402: 537-540
- Beta-secretase cleavage of Alzheimer's amyloid precursor protein by the transmembrane aspartic protease BACE.Science. 1999; 286: 735-741
- Membrane-anchored aspartyl protease with Alzheimer's disease β-secretase activity.Nature. 1999; 402: 533-537
- Amyloid β-peptides is produced by cultured cells during normal metabolism.Nature. 1992; 359: 322-325
- Structural alteration in the peptide backbone of β-amyloid core protein may account for its deposition and stability in Alzheimer's disease.J. Biol. Chem. 1993; 268: 3072-3083
- The role of amyloid precursor protein processing by BACE1, the β-secretase, in Alzheimer's disease pathophysiology.J. Biol. Chem. 2008; 283: 29621-29625
- Amyloid precursor protein trafficking, processing, and function.J. Biol. Chem. 2008; 283: 29615-29619
- Evidence that tumor necrosis factor α converting enzyme is involved in regulated α-secretase cleavage of the Alzheimer amyloid protein precursor.J. Biol. Chem. 1998; 273: 27765-27767
- Constitutive and regulated α-secretase cleavage of Alzhemer's amyloid precursor protein by a disintegrin metalloprotease.Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 1999; 96: 3922-3957
- ADAMs family members as amyloid precursor protein α-secretase.J. Neurosci. Res. 2003; 74: 342-352
- Glu11 site cleavage and N-terminally truncated Aβ production upon BACE overexpression.Biochemistry. 2002; 41: 3128-3136
- β-Secretase processing in the trans-Golgi network preferentially generated truncated amyloid specific that accumulate in Alzheimer's disease brain.J. Biol. Chem. 2002; 277: 16278-16284
- Discrete molecular dynamics study of oligomer formation by N-terminally truncated amyloid β-protein.J. Mol. Biol. 2013; 425: 2260-2275
- Systematic Aβ analysis in Drosophila reveals high toxicity for the 1–42, 3–42 and 11–42 peptides, and emphasizes N- and C-terminal residues.PLoS ONE. 2015; 10: e0133272
- Characterization of Aβ11–40/42 peptide deposition in Alzheimer's disease and young Down's syndrome brains: implication of N-terminally truncated Aβ species in the pathogenesis of Alzheimer's disease.Acta Neuropathol. 2006; 112: 163-174
- Soluble amyloid β peptide concentration as a predictor of synaptic change in Alzheimer's disease.Am. J. Pathol. 1999; 155: 853-862
- Soluble pool of Aβ amyloid as determinant of severity of neurodegeneration in Alzheimer's disease.Ann. Neurol. 1999; 46: 860-866
- Brain amyloid-β oligomers in aging and Alzheimer's disease.Brain. 2013; 136: 1383-1398
- Inhibiting BACE1 to reverse synaptic dysfunction in Alzheimer's disease.Neurosci. Biobehav. Rev. 2016; 65: 326-340
- A pathogenic mutation for probable Alzheimer's disease in the APP gene at N-terminus of β-amyloid.Nat. Genet. 1992; 1: 345-347
- Amyloid precursor protein mutation E682K at the alternative β-secretase cleavage β′-site increase Aβ generation.EMBO Mol. Med. 2011; 3: 291-302
- A recessive mutation in the APP gene with dominant-negative effect on amyloidogenesis.Science. 2009; 323: 1473-1477
- Novel polymorphism in the A4 region of the amyloid precursor protein gene in a patient without Alzheimer's disease.Neurology. 1993; 43: 1254-1256
- A mutation in APP protects against Alzheimer's disease and age-related cognitive decline.Nature. 2012; 488: 96-99
- Regulation of APP by phosphorylation and protein interactions.J. Biol. Chem. 2008; 283: 29633-29637
- cDNA isolation of Alzheimer's amyloid precursor protein from cholinergic nerve terminals of the electric organ of the electric ray.Biochem. J. 1998; 330: 29-33
- Expression and localization of X11 family proteins in neurons.Brain Res. 2016; 1646: 227-234
- Generation and regulation of β-amyloid peptide variants by neurons.J. Neurochem. 1998; 71: 1920-1925
- BACE1 is the major β-secretase for generation of Aβ peptides by neurons.Nat. Neurosci. 2001; 4: 233-234
- Amino-truncated β-amyloid42 peptide in cerebrospinal fluid and prediction of progression of mild cognitive impairment.Clin. Chem. 2005; 51: 1650-1660
- Mutation of the β-amyloid precursor protein in familial Alzheimer's disease increases β-protein production.Nature. 1992; 360: 672-674
- Altered cleavage and secretion of a recombinant β-APP bearing the Swedish familial Alzheimer's disease mutation.Nat. Genet. 1994; 6: 251-255
- Increased β-amyloid release and levels of amyloid precursor protein (APP) in fibroblast cell lines from family members with the Swedish Alzheimer's disease APP670/671 mutation.FEBS Lett. 1994; 354: 274-278
- The peculiar role of the A2V mutation in amyloid-β (Aβ) 1–42 molecular assembly.J. Biol. Chem. 2014; 289: 24143-24152
- BACE overexpression alters the subcellular processing of APP and inhibits Aβ deposition in vivo.J. Cell Biol. 2005; 168: 291-302
- Cleavage of Alzheimer's amyloid precursor protein by secretases occurs after O-glycosylation of APP in the protein secretory pathway.J. Biol. Chem. 1998; 273: 6277-6284
- Identification of a β-secretase activity, which truncates amyloid β-peptide after its presenilin-dependent generation.J. Biol. Chem. 2003; 278: 5531-5538
- Identification of the major Aβ1–42-degrading catabolic pathway in brain parenchyma: suppression leads to biochemical and pathological deposition.Nat. Med. 2000; 6: 143-150
- Intramembrane proteolysis by γ-secretase.J. Biol. Chem. 2008; 283: 29627-29631
- Overlapping profiles of Aβ peptides in the Alzheimer's disease and pathological aging brains.Alzheimers Res. Ther. 2012; 4: 18
- Targeting the β secretase BACE1 for Alzheimer's disease therapy.Lancet Neurol. 2014; 13: 319-329
- γ-Secretase: successive tripeptide and tetrapeptide release from the transmembrane domain of β-carboxyl terminal fragment.J. Neurosci. 2009; 29: 13042-13052
- γ-Secretase-dependent proteolysis of transmembrane domain of amyloid precursor protein: successive tri- and tetrapeptide release in amyloid β-protein production.Int. J. Alzheimers Dis. 2012; (10.1055/2012/591392)
- Study on Aβ34 biology and detection in transgenic mice brains.Neurobiol. Aging. 2014; 35: 1570-1581
- Metabolic regulation of brain Aβ by neprilysin.Science. 2001; 292: 1550-1552
- β-Secretase protein and activity are increased in the neocortex in Alzheimer disease.Arch. Neurol. 2002; 59: 1381-1389
- A basic amino acid in the cytoplasmic domain of Alzheimer's β-amylid precursor protein (APP) is essential for cleavage of APP at the α-site.J. Biol. Chem. 1998; 273: 19304-19310
- A novel substrate for analyzing Alzheimer's disease γ-secretase.FEBS Lett. 1999; 453: 288-292
- Maturation and endosomal targeting of β-site amyloid precursor protein-cleaving enzyme.J. Biol. Chem. 2000; 275: 33729-33737
- Alcadein cleavages by APP α- and γ-secretases generate small peptides p3-Alcs indicating Alzheimer disease-related γ-secretase dysfunction.J. Biol. Chem. 2009; 284: 36024-36033
- Mechanism of intramembrane cleavage of Alcadeins by γ-secretase.PLoS ONE. 2013; 8: e62431
- The cytoplasmic domain of the Alzheimer's β-amyloid precursor protein is phosphorylated at Thr-654, Ser-655 and Thr-668 in adult rat brain and cultured cells.Mol. Med. 1997; 3: 111-123
- An electron microscopic study of the development of axpns and dendrites by hippocampal neurons in culture: I. cells which develop without intercellular contacts.J. Neurosci. 1984; 4: 1944-1953
- Quantitative analysis of APP axonal transport in neurons: role of JIP1 in APP anterograde transport.Mol. Biol. Cell. 2014; 25: 3569-3580
User LicenseCreative Commons Attribution (CC BY 4.0) |
- Read, print & download
- Redistribute or republish the final article
- Text & data mine
- Translate the article
- Reuse portions or extracts from the article in other works
- Sell or re-use for commercial purposes
Elsevier's open access license policy