Identification of a Novel Splice Variant of BKα
The BKαΔe2 Splice Variant Does Not Exhibit Ion Channel Function
Co-expression of BKαΔe2 Attenuates Whole-cell Currents and Reduces Single-channel BKαWT Conductance
BKα Tetramer Containing One, Two, or Three BKαΔe2 Subunits in PM Can Permeate K+
Molecular Imaging Shows Hetero-tetramer Formation of BKαΔe2 and BKαWT in PM
Molecular Imaging Reveals Stoichiometry of the BKαWT/BKαΔe2 Hetero-tetramer
The Second Short α-Helix Region in S0-S1 Linker (Helix2) Is Responsible for Both the Cell Surface Expression and the Voltage Dependency
Knockdown of the BKαΔe2 Transcript Increased Histamine-induced COX2 Gene Expression
Translational Significance of BK Channel Complexes
- Sugita S.
- Hosaka Y.
- Okada K.
- Mori D.
- Yano F.
- Kobayashi H.
- Taniguchi Y.
- Mori Y.
- Okuma T.
- Chang S.H.
- Kawata M.
- Taketomi S.
- Chikuda H.
- Akiyama H.
- Kageyama R.
- Chung U.I.
- Tanaka S.
- Kawaguchi H.
- Ohba S.
- Saito T.
Cell Culture, Human Tissue, and Animal Sources
Plasmid Constructs and Transfection
Single Molecule Imaging
Single Molecule GFP Bleaching
Non-permeabilized Labeling and Confocal Microscopy
RNA Extraction and Real-time PCR
- KCa and Ca2+ channels: the complex thought.Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 2014; 1843: 2322-2333
- A BK (Slo1) channel journey from molecule to physiology.Channels. 2013; 7: 442-458
- Membrane trafficking of large conductance calcium-activated potassium channels is regulated by alternative splicing of a transplantable, acidic trafficking motif in the RCK1-RCK2 linker.J. Biol. Chem. 2010; 285: 23265-23275
- Control of alternative splicing of potassium channels by stress hormones.Science. 1998; 280: 443-446
- An endoplasmic reticulum trafficking signal prevents surface expression of a voltage- and Ca2+-activated K+ channel splice variant.Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 2004; 101: 10072-10077
- Cell volume regulation in chondrocytes.Cell Physiol. Biochem. 2011; 28: 1111-1122
- The emerging chondrocyte channelome.Front Physiol. 2010; 1: 135
- Accelerated Ca2+ entry by membrane hyperpolarization due to Ca2+-activated K+ channel activation in response to histamine in chondrocytes.Am. J. Physiol. Cell Physiol. 2010; 298: C786-C797
- The ClC-7 chloride channel Is down-regulated by hypoosmotic stress in human chondrocytes.Mol. Pharmacol. 2015; 88: 113-120
- Orai1-Orai2 complex is involved in store-operated calcium entry in chondrocyte cell lines.Cell Calcium. 2015; 57: 337-347
- Characterization of a stretch-activated potassium channel in chondrocytes.J. Cell Physiol. 2010; 223: 511-518
- Genome-wide expression profiling reveals new candidate genes associated with osteoarthritis.Osteoarthritis Cartilage. 2010; 18: 581-592
- Intracellular segment between transmembrane helices S0 and S1 of BK channel alpha subunit contains two amphipathic helices connected by a flexible loop.Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 2013; 437: 408-412
- Stepwise contribution of each subunit to the cooperative activation of BK channels by Ca2+.Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 2002; 99: 11441-11446
- Caveolin-1 facilitates the direct coupling between large conductance Ca2+-activated K+ (BKCa) and Cav1.2 Ca2+ channels and their clustering to regulate membrane excitability in vascular myocytes.J. Biol. Chem. 2013; 288: 36750-36761
- Direct molecular interaction of caveolin-3 with KCa1.1 channel in living HEK293 cell expression system.Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 2013; 430: 1169-1174
- Molecular assembly and dynamics of fluorescent protein-tagged single KCa1.1 channel in expression system and vascular smooth muscle cells.Am. J. Physiol. Cell Physiol. 2012; 302: C1257-C1268
- Stoichiometry and specific assembly of Best ion channels.Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 2014; 111: 6491-6496
- Modulation of calcium signalling by dominant negative splice variant of ryanodine receptor subtype 3 in native smooth muscle cells.Cell Calcium. 2006; 40: 11-21
- Histamine stimulates matrix metalloproteinase-3 and -13 production by human articular chondrocytes in vitro.Ann. Rheum. Dis. 2002; 61: 737-740
- Multiple sequences in the C terminus of MaxiK channels are involved in expression, movement to the cell surface, and apical localization.Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 2004; 101: 15237-15242
- ERp29 regulates epithelial sodium channel functional expression by promoting channel cleavage.Am. J. Physiol. Cell Physiol. 2014; 307: C701-C709
- Golgi export of the Kir2.1 channel is driven by a trafficking signal located within its tertiary structure.Cell. 2011; 145: 1102-1115
- Activation of Slo1 BK channels by Mg2+ coordinated between the voltage sensor and RCK1 domains.Nat. Struct. Mol. Biol. 2008; 15: 1152-1159
- Contribution of potential EF hand motifs to the calcium-dependent gating of a mouse brain large conductance, calcium-sensitive K+ channel.J. Physiol. 2001; 533: 681-695
- Histamine, histamine receptors (H1 and H2), and histidine decarboxylase expression by chondrocytes of osteoarthritic cartilage: an immunohistochemical study.Rheumatol. Int. 2005; 26: 173-178
- Cyclooxygenase-2 induction by arsenite is through a nuclear factor of activated T-cell-dependent pathway and plays an antiapoptotic role in Beas-2B cells.J. Biol. Chem. 2006; 281: 24405-24413
- Chondrocyte channel transcriptomics: do microarray data fit with expression and functional data?.Channels. 2013; 7: 459-467
- Transcription factor Hes1 modulates osteoarthritis development in cooperation with calcium/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase 2.Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 2015; 112: 3080-3085
- The stoichiometry and biophysical properties of the Kv4 potassium channel complex with K+ channel-interacting protein (KChIP) subunits are variable, depending on the relative expression level.J. Biol. Chem. 2014; 289: 17597-17609
User licenseCreative Commons Attribution (CC BY 4.0) |
- Read, print & download
- Redistribute or republish the final article
- Text & data mine
- Translate the article
- Reuse portions or extracts from the article in other works
- Sell or re-use for commercial purposes
Elsevier's open access license policy