Isolation of RNA from Mouse Cornea and Human Corneal Epithelial Cells for Microarray Gene Expression Analysis
Microarray Data Analysis
Culture of Primary Mouse Corneal Epithelial Cells
Colony Forming Assays
BrdU Labeling of K14-DN-Clim Mice
ChIP-PCR and ChIP-Seq
Animal Model and Procedures
CLIM Regulates Genes Important for Progenitor Cell Maintenance and Tissue Homeostasis
CLIM Targets Share Similar Expression Dynamics across Corneal Development
Disrupting CLIM in the Corneal Epithelium Alters Proliferation Dynamics
Disruption of CLIM Leads to Increased Followed by Decreased Proliferative Potential of Corneal Epithelial Progenitor Cells
Limbally enriched Genes Are Regulated by CLIM
ChIP-Seq Identifies Direct Targets of CLIMs
CLIM Target Genes Are Involved in Both Stem Cell Maintenance and Epithelial Differentiation
CLIM Binding Sites Are Enriched for Selective Transcription Factor Motifs
CLIM Targets H19 to Regulate Corneal Epithelial Proliferation Dynamics
- Rosenbloom K.R.
- Sloan C.A.
- Malladi V.S.
- Dreszer T.R.
- Learned K.
- Kirkup V.M.
- Wong M.C.
- Maddren M.
- Fang R.
- Heitner S.G.
- Lee B.T.
- Barber G.P.
- Harte R.A.
- Diekhans M.
- Long J.C.
- Wilder S.P.
- Zweig A.S.
- Karolchik D.
- Kuhn R.M.
- Haussler D.
- Kent W.J.
H19 Has a Broad Gene-regulatory Role in Corneal Epithelial Cells
CLIM and ERα Co-occupy the H19 Locus
CLIMs Regulate Cell Proliferation and Repopulation Dynamics in the Corneal Epithelium
CLIM Interacts with Distinct Cohorts of Transcription Factor Binding Sites to Regulate Gene Expression in the Cornea
CLIM Regulates Noncoding RNA H19
CLIMs Act through Unique Mechanisms to Modulate Progenitor Cells in Different Tissues
- Mardaryev A.N.
- Meier N.
- Poterlowicz K.
- Sharov A.A.
- Sharova T.Y.
- Ahmed M.I.
- Rapisarda V.
- Lewis C.
- Fessing M.Y.
- Ruenger T.M.
- Bhawan J.
- Werner S.
- Paus R.
- Botchkarev V.A.
- Nuclear LIM interactor, a rhombotin and LIM homeodomain interacting protein, is expressed early in neuronal development.Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 1996; 93: 11693-11698
- Interactions of the LIM-domain-binding factor Ldb1 with LIM homeodomain proteins.Nature. 1996; 384: 270-272
- A family of LIM domain-associated cofactors confer transcriptional synergism between LIM and Otx homeodomain proteins.Genes Dev. 1997; 11: 1370-1380
- The Ldb1 and Ldb2 transcriptional cofactors interact with the Ste20-like kinase SLK and regulate cell migration.Mol. Biol. Cell. 2009; 20: 4174-4182
- Nuclear adaptor Ldb1 regulates a transcriptional program essential for the maintenance of hematopoietic stem cells.Nat. Immunol. 2011; 12: 129-136
- Role of ldb1 in adult intestinal homeostasis.Int. J. Biol. Sci. 2009; 5: 686-694
- Co-factors of LIM domains (Clims/Ldb/Nli) regulate corneal homeostasis and maintenance of hair follicle stem cells.Dev. Biol. 2007; 312: 484-500
- The co-factor of LIM domains (CLIM/LDB/NLI) maintains basal mammary epithelial stem cells and promotes breast tumorigenesis.PLoS Genet. 2014; 10: e1004520
- The genome-wide dynamics of the binding of Ldb1 complexes during erythroid differentiation.Genes Dev. 2010; 24: 277-289
- Functional ablation of the mouse Ldb1 gene results in severe patterning defects during gastrulation.Development. 2003; 130: 495-505
- Controlling long-range genomic interactions at a native locus by targeted tethering of a looping factor.Cell. 2012; 149: 1233-1244
- Regulatory mechanisms at the mouse Igf2/H19 locus.Mol. Cell. Biol. 2001; 21: 8189-8196
- The H19 locus: role of an imprinted non-coding RNA in growth and development.BioEssays. 2010; 32: 473-480
- Elevated expression of H19 and Igf2 in the female mouse eye.PLoS One. 2013; 8: e56611
- The Co-Factor of LIM domains (CLIM/LDB/NLI) maintains basal mammary epithelial stem cells and promotes breast tumorigenesis.PLoS Genetics. 2014; 10: e1004520
- Cyber-T web server: differential analysis of high-throughput data.Nucleic Acids Res. 2012; 40: W553-W559
- DAVID Knowledgebase: a gene-centered database integrating heterogeneous gene annotation resources to facilitate high-throughput gene functional analysis.BMC Bioinformatics. 2007; 8: 426
- Bioinformatics enrichment tools: paths toward the comprehensive functional analysis of large gene lists.Nucleic Acids Res. 2009; 37: 1-13
- Calcium-induced abnormal epidermal-like differentiation in cultures of mouse corneal-limbal epithelial cells.Invest. Ophthalmol. Vis. Sci. 2004; 45: 3507-3512
- RLIM inhibits functional activity of LIM homeodomain transcription factors via recruitment of the histone deacetylase complex.Nat. Genet. 1999; 22: 394-399
- The epidermal differentiation-associated Grainyhead gene Get1/Grhl3 also regulates urothelial differentiation.EMBO J. 2009; 28: 1890-1903
- GRHL3/GET1 and trithorax group members collaborate to activate the epidermal progenitor differentiation program.PLoS Genet. 2012; 8: e1002829
- ChIP-seq: using high-throughput sequencing to discover protein-DNA interactions.Methods. 2009; 48: 240-248
- A GRHL3-regulated repair pathway suppresses immune-mediated epidermal hyperplasia.J. Clin. Investig. 2014; 124: 5205-5218
- Ultrafast and memory-efficient alignment of short DNA sequences to the human genome.Genome Biol. 2009; 10: R25
- Model-based analysis of ChIP-Seq (MACS).Genome Biol. 2008; 9: R137
- MEME SUITE: tools for motif discovery and searching.Nucleic Acids Res. 2009; 37: W202-W208
- Cistrome: an integrative platform for transcriptional regulation studies.Genome Biol. 2011; 12: R83
- Galaxy: a web-based genome analysis tool for experimentalists.Curr. Protoc. Mol. Biol. 2010; (Chapter 19, Unit 19.10.1–19.10.21)
- Galaxy: a platform for interactive large-scale genome analysis.Genome Res. 2005; 15: 1451-1455
- Galaxy: a comprehensive approach for supporting accessible, reproducible, and transparent computational research in the life sciences.Genome Biol. 2010; 11: R86
- The Ets transcription factor EHF as a regulator of cornea epithelial cell identity.J. Biol. Chem. 2013; 288: 34304-34324
- Transcriptional profiling of enriched populations of stem cells versus transient amplifying cells. A comparison of limbal and corneal epithelial basal cells.J. Biol. Chem. 2006; 281: 19600-19609
- Architectural niche organization by LHX2 is linked to hair follicle stem cell function.Cell Stem Cell. 2013; 13: 314-327
- ENCODE data in the UCSC Genome Browser: year 5 update.Nucleic Acids Res. 2013; 41: D56-D63
- The human genome browser at UCSC.Genome Res. 2002; 12: 996-1006
- Differential oestrogen receptor binding is associated with clinical outcome in breast cancer.Nature. 2012; 481: 389-393
- Novel binding partners of Ldb1 are required for haematopoietic development.Development. 2006; 133: 4913-4923
- The LIM-domain binding protein Ldb1 and its partner LMO2 act as negative regulators of erythroid differentiation.Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 1997; 94: 13707-13712
- Regulation of estrogen-dependent transcription by the LIM cofactors CLIM and RLIM in breast cancer.Cancer Res. 2009; 69: 128-136
- Estrogen negatively regulates epithelial wound healing and protective lipid mediator circuits in the cornea.FASEB J. 2012; 26: 1506-1516
- Lhx2 maintains stem cell character in hair follicles.Science. 2006; 312: 1946-1949
- Negative regulation of estrogen receptor α transactivation functions by LIM domain only 4 protein.Cancer Res. 2005; 65: 10594-10601
- Alk is a transcriptional target of LMO4 and ERα that promotes cocaine sensitization and reward.J. Neurosci. 2011; 31: 14134-14141
- More than insulator: multiple roles of CTCF at the H19-Igf2 imprinted domain.Front. Genet. 2012; 3: 214
- Novel conserved elements upstream of the H19 gene are transcribed and act as mesodermal enhancers.Development. 2002; 129: 1205-1213
- Ophthalmological findings in children and adolescents with Silver-Russell syndrome.Br. J. Ophthalmol. 2011; 95: 637-641
- Beckwith-Wiedemann and Russell-Silver Syndromes: from new molecular insights to the comprehension of imprinting regulation.Curr. Opin. Endocrinol. Diabetes Obes. 2014; 21: 30-38
- Wnt5a regulates hematopoietic stem cell proliferation and repopulation through the Ryk receptor.Stem Cells. 2014; 32: 105-115
- Lhx2 differentially regulates Sox9, Tcf4 and Lgr5 in hair follicle stem cells to promote epidermal regeneration after injury.Development. 2011; 138: 4843-4852
The data discussed in this publication have been deposited in NCBI's Gene Expression Omnibus and are accessible through GEO Series accession numbers , , and .
User licenseCreative Commons Attribution (CC BY 4.0) |
- Read, print & download
- Redistribute or republish the final article
- Text & data mine
- Translate the article
- Reuse portions or extracts from the article in other works
- Sell or re-use for commercial purposes
Elsevier's open access license policy