Cell Growth and Transfection
Construction of RNAi Constructs
Tagging of the Splicing Factors in Leishmania tarentolae and T. brucei
Preparation of Nuclear and Cytoplasmic Extracts
Purification of the Complexes Associated with the Splicing Factors
Northern and Primer Extension Analyses
mRNA Stability Analysis
Fractionation of Extracts on Sucrose Gradients
Construction of the Minigene
Statistics of Splicing and Poly(A) Signals
Microarray Analysis of U2AF65-, U2AF35-, and SF1-silenced Cells Identifies Transcripts Whose Level Is Controlled by These Factors
Transcript Are Regulated by Binding of Splicing Factors to the Mature mRNA
Splicing and Poly(A) Signals in Transcripts Regulated by U2AF35, U2AF65, and SF1
U2AF65, U2AF35, and SF1 Regulate mRNA Stability
- Hartmann C.
- Benz C.
- Brems S.
- Ellis L.
- Luu V.D.
- Stewart M.
- D'Orso I.
- Busold C.
- Fellenberg K.
- Frasch A.C.
- Carrington M.
- Hoheisel J.
- Clayton C.E.
How Can Splicing Factors Affect mRNA Stability? An Example from a U2AF65 Target Gene
Are All Splicing Factors Important for Trans-splicing of Each mRNA?
Involvement of Splicing Factors in mRNA Stability and Translation
How Could a Single Factor Both Stabilize and Destabilize mRNAs?
Purification of Complexes Containing the Splicing Factors Supports Their Role in mRNA Decay and Translation
Mechanism by Which Splicing Factors Affect mRNA Stability in Trypanosomes
- Trans-splicing of nuclear pre-mRNAs.Cell. 1990; 61: 1157-1160
- Trans- and cis-splicing in trypanosomatids. Mechanism, factors, and regulation.Eukaryote Cell. 2003; 2: 830-840
- Trans-splicing in trypanosomes. Machinery and its impact on the parasite transcriptome.Future Microbiol. 2011; 6: 459-474
- The transcriptome of the human pathogen Trypanosoma brucei at single-nucleotide resolution.PLoS Pathog. 2010; 6: e1001090
- Genome-wide analysis of mRNA abundance in two life-cycle stages of Trypanosoma brucei and identification of splicing and polyadenylation sites.Nucleic Acids Res. 2010; 38: 4946-4957
- Spliced leader trapping reveals widespread alternative splicing patterns in the highly dynamic transcriptome of Trypanosoma brucei.PLoS Pathog. 2010; 6: e1001037
- Trans-acting proteins regulating mRNA maturation, stability, and translation in trypanosomatids.Trends Parasitol. 2011; 27: 23-30
- Post-transcriptional regulation of gene expression in trypanosomes and leishmanias.Mol. Biochem. Parasitol. 2007; 156: 93-101
- The pre-mRNA splicing machinery of trypanosomes. Complex or simplified?.Eukaryot. Cell. 2010; 9: 1159-1170
- Functional characterization and protein-protein interactions of trypanosome splicing factors U2AF35, U2AF65, and SF1.Mol. Biochem. Parasitol. 2009; 164: 137-146
- Unique features of the Trypanosoma cruzi U2AF35 splicing factor.Mol. Biochem. Parasitol. 2003; 128: 77-81
- Human-mouse comparative analysis reveals that branch-site plasticity contributes to splicing regulation.Hum. Mol. Genet. 2005; 14: 1559-1568
- Large scale comparative analysis of splicing signals and their corresponding splicing factors in eukaryotes.Genome Res. 2008; 18: 88-103
- Characterization of a Trypanosoma brucei SR domain-containing protein bearing homology to cis-spliceosomal U1 70-kDa proteins.Mol. Biochem. Parasitol. 2000; 106: 109-120
- Characterization of a SR protein from Trypanosoma brucei with homology to RNA-binding cis-splicing proteins.Mol. Biochem. Parasitol. 1999; 102: 103-115
- Identification of a nuclear protein in Trypanosoma brucei with homology to RNA-binding proteins from cis-splicing systems.Mol. Biochem. Parasitol. 1998; 97: 1-11
- The RNA-binding protein TbDRBD3 regulates the stability of a specific subset of mRNAs in trypanosomes.Nucleic Acids Res. 2008; 36: 4573-4586
- Multiple roles for polypyrimidine tract binding (PTB) proteins in trypanosome RNA metabolism.RNA. 2009; 15: 648-665
- Hierarchies of RNA-processing signals in a trypanosome surface antigen mRNA precursor.Mol. Cell. Biol. 1994; 14: 7428-7435
- Coupling of poly(A) site selection and trans-splicing in Leishmania.Genes Dev. 1993; 7: 996-1007
- A common pyrimidine-rich motif governs trans-splicing and polyadenylation of tubulin polycistronic pre-mRNA in trypanosomes.Genes Dev. 1994; 8: 491-501
- Control of polyadenylation and alternative splicing of transcripts from adjacent genes in a procyclin expression site. A dual role for polypyrimidine tracts in trypanosomes?.Nucleic Acids Res. 1994; 22: 1359-1364
- Silencing of Sm proteins in Trypanosoma brucei by RNA interference captured a novel cytoplasmic intermediate in spliced leader RNA biogenesis.J. Biol. Chem. 2003; 278: 51469-51478
- Isolation of a U-insertion/deletion editing complex from Leishmania tarentolae mitochondria.EMBO J. 2003; 22: 913-924
- U1 small nuclear RNP from Trypanosoma brucei. A minimal U1 snRNA with unusual protein components.Nucleic Acids Res. 2005; 33: 2493-2503
- A colorimetric assay for trypanosome viability and metabolic function.Vet. Parasitol. 1993; 50: 143-149
- Analysis of spliceosomal proteins in trypanosomatids reveals novel functions in mRNA processing.J. Biol. Chem. 2010; 285: 27982-27999
- Trypanosome spliced-leader-associated RNA (SLA1) localization and implications for spliced-leader RNA biogenesis.Eukaryot. Cell. 2009; 8: 56-68
- Identification of the first trypanosome H/ACA RNA that guides pseudouridine formation on rRNA.J. Biol. Chem. 2001; 276: 40313-40318
- Expression studies on clustered trypanosomatid box C/D small nucleolar RNAs.J. Biol. Chem. 2001; 276: 14289-14298
- Small nucleolar RNA interference in Trypanosoma brucei. Mechanism and utilization for elucidating the function of snoRNAs.Nucleic Acids Res. 2010; 38: 7236-7247
- Normalization for cDNA microarray data. A robust composite method addressing single and multiple slide systematic variation.Nucleic Acids Res. 2002; 30: e15
- Isolation of distinct small ribonucleoprotein particles containing the spliced leader and U2 RNAs of Trypanosoma brucei.J. Biol. Chem. 1990; 265: 10582-10588
- Systematic study of sequence motifs for RNA trans splicing in Trypanosoma brucei.Mol. Cell. Biol. 2005; 25: 9586-9594
- Highly efficient tandem affinity purification of trypanosome protein complexes based on a novel epitope combination.Eukaryot. Cell. 2005; 4: 1942-1950
- Essential role of a trypanosome U4-specific Sm core protein in small nuclear ribonucleoprotein assembly and splicing.Eukaryot. Cell. 2010; 9: 379-386
- Analysis of spliceosomal complexes in Trypanosoma brucei and silencing of two splicing factors Prp31 and Prp43.Mol. Biochem. Parasitol. 2006; 145: 29-39
- Spliceosomal proteomics in Trypanosoma brucei reveal new RNA splicing factors.Eukaryot. Cell. 2009; 8: 990-1000
- Evidence for a capping enzyme with specificity for the trypanosome spliced leader RNA.Mol Biochem. Parasitol. 2007; 156: 246-254
- Identification of the heptameric Lsm complex that binds U6 snRNA in Trypanosoma brucei.Mol. Biochem. Parasitol. 2008; 160: 22-31
- Identification of novel snRNA-specific Sm proteins that bind selectively to U2 and U4 snRNAs in Trypanosoma brucei.RNA. 2007; 13: 30-43
- DAVID: Database for annotation, visualization, and integrated discovery.Genome Biol. 2003; 4: P3
- Transcriptome analysis of differentiating trypanosomes reveals the existence of multiple post-transcriptional regulons.BMC Genomics. 2009; 10: 495
- The cell cycle regulated transcriptome of Trypanosoma brucei.PLoS ONE. 2011; 6: e18425
- Widespread variation in transcript abundance within and across developmental stages of Trypanosoma brucei.BMC Genomics. 2009; 10: 482
- Genome-wide expression profiling of in vivo-derived bloodstream parasite stages and dynamic analysis of mRNA alterations during synchronous differentiation in Trypanosoma brucei.BMC Genomics. 2009; 10: 427
- Regulated expression of glycosomal phosphoglycerate kinase in Trypanosoma brucei.Mol. Biochem. Parasitol. 2007; 151: 193-204
- The role of the 5′–3′ exoribonuclease XRNA in transcriptome-wide mRNA degradation.RNA. 2011; 17: 2039-2047
- Visibly stressed. The role of eIF2, TIA-1, and stress granules in protein translation.Cell Stress Chaperones. 2002; 7: 213-221
- RNA-binding domain proteins in kinetoplastids. A comparative analysis.Eukaryot. Cell. 2005; 4: 2106-2114
- An RNAi screen of the RRM-domain proteins of.Trypanosoma brucei. Mol. Biochem. Parasitol. 2009; 163: 61-65
- Trypanosoma brucei PUF9 regulates mRNAs for proteins involved in replicative processes over the cell cycle.PLoS Pathog. 2009; 5: e1000565
- The trypanosome Pumilio-domain protein PUF7 associates with a nuclear cyclophilin and is involved in ribosomal RNA maturation.FEBS Lett. 2010; 584: 1156-1162
- Small trypanosome RNA-binding proteins TbUBP1 and TbUBP2 influence expression of F-box protein mRNAs in bloodstream trypanosomes.Eukaryot. Cell. 2007; 6: 1964-1978
- Regulation of a transmembrane protein gene family by the small RNA-binding proteins TbUBP1 and TbUBP2.Mol. Biochem. Parasitol. 2008; 157: 112-115
- Elucidating the role of H/ACA-like RNAs in trans-splicing and rRNA processing via RNA interference silencing of the Trypanosoma brucei CBF5 pseudouridine synthase.J. Biol. Chem. 2005; 280: 34558-34568
- Elucidating the role of C/D snoRNA in rRNA processing and modification in Trypanosoma brucei.Eukaryot. Cell. 2008; 7: 86-101
- The NOG1 GTP-binding protein is required for biogenesis of the 60 S ribosomal subunit.J. Biol. Chem. 2003; 278: 32204-32211
- Assembly of the Trypanosoma brucei 60 S ribosomal subunit nuclear export complex requires trypanosome-specific proteins P34 and P37.Eukaryot. Cell. 2009; 8: 77-87
- Proteomic analysis reveals the dynamic association of proteins with translated mRNAs in Trypanosoma cruzi.Gene. 2010; 452: 72-78
- Post-transcriptional control and the role of RNA-binding proteins in gene regulation in trypanosomatid protozoan parasites.Wiley Interdiscip. Rev. RNA. 2010; 1: 34-46
- Genome-wide identification of functionally distinct subsets of cellular mRNAs associated with two nucleocytoplasmic-shuttling mammalian splicing factors.Genome Biol. 2006; 7: R113
- RNA interference knockdown of hU2AF35 impairs cell cycle progression and modulates alternative splicing of Cdc25 transcripts.Mol. Biol. Cell. 2006; 17: 4187-4199
- In vivo requirement of the small subunit of U2AF for recognition of a weak 3′ splice site.Mol. Cell. Biol. 2006; 26: 8183-8190
- Genome-wide analysis of mRNA processing in yeast using splicing-specific microarrays.Science. 2002; 296: 907-910
- Stability of a PKCI-1-related mRNA is controlled by the splicing factor ASF/SF2. A novel function for SR proteins.Genes Dev. 2002; 16: 594-607
- Analysis of in situ pre-mRNA targets of human splicing factor SF1 reveals a function in alternative splicing.Nucleic Acids Res. 2011; 39: 1868-1879
- Identification of nuclear and cytoplasmic mRNA targets for the shuttling protein SF2/ASF.PLoS ONE. 2008; 3: e3369
- Splicing factor SFRS1 recognizes a functionally diverse landscape of RNA transcripts.Genome Res. 2009; 19: 381-394
- Transcriptome-wide analysis of regulatory interactions of the RNA-binding protein HuR.Mol. Cell. 2011; 43: 340-352
- RNA polymerase II subunits link transcription and mRNA decay to translation.Cell. 2010; 143: 552-563
- SMN-assisted assembly of snRNP-specific Sm cores in trypanosomes.Genes Dev. 2009; 23: 1650-1664
- Pre-mRNA splicing. Awash in a sea of proteins.Mol. Cell. 2003; 12: 5-14
- Splicing factors SF1 and U2AF associate in extra spliceosomal complexes.Mol. Cell. Biol. 2008; 28: 3045-3057
User licenseCreative Commons Attribution (CC BY 4.0) |
- Read, print & download
- Redistribute or republish the final article
- Text & data mine
- Translate the article
- Reuse portions or extracts from the article in other works
- Sell or re-use for commercial purposes
Elsevier's open access license policy