- Voghel G.
- Thorin-Trescases N.
- Farhat N.
- Nguyen A.
- Villeneuve L.
- Mamarbachi A.M.
- Fortier A.
- Perrault L.P.
- Carrier M.
- Thorin E.
- Bartkova J.
- Rezaei N.
- Liontos M.
- Karakaidos P.
- Kletsas D.
- Issaeva N.
- Vassiliou L.V.
- Kolettas E.
- Niforou K.
- Zoumpourlis V.C.
- Takaoka M.
- Nakagawa H.
- Tort F.
- Fugger K.
- Johansson F.
- Sehested M.
- Andersen C.L.
- Dyrskjot L.
- Ørntoft T.
- Lukas J.
- Kittas C.
- Helleday T.
- Halazonetis T.D.
- Bartek J.
- Gorgoulis V.G.
- Downey C.M.
- Horton C.R.
- Carlson B.A.
- Parsons T.E.
- Hatfield D.L.
- Hallgrímsson B.
- Jirik F.R.
Cell Culture and Reagents
- Koi M.
- Umar A.
- Chauhan D.P.
- Cherian S.P.
- Carethers J.M.
- Kunkel T.A.
- Boland C.R.
Detection of ROS, Immunofluorescence, and Immunoblotting
Senescence and Autofluorescence Assays
Laser Microirradiation and Live Cell Imaging
Detection of GSH and Apoptotic Cells
Essential Role of SelH in the Inhibition of Replicative Senescence and Oxidative Stress
SelH shRNA MRC-5 Cells Display Sustained DNA Damage Response and Exacerbated Senescence Induction after H2O2 Treatment
SelH Deficiency Specifically Sensitizes Cells to DNA-damaging Agents That Directly Contribute to Oxidative Stress
The Slow Proliferation Phenotype in SelH shRNA MRC-5 Cells Depends on ATM Kinase Activity and p53 Expression
- Golding S.E.
- Rosenberg E.
- Valerie N.
- Hussaini I.
- Frigerio M.
- Cockcroft X.F.
- Chong W.Y.
- Hummersone M.
- Rigoreau L.
- Menear K.A.
- O'Connor M.J.
- Povirk L.F.
- van Meter T.
- Valerie K.
GSH Deficiency and Nuclear pNrf2 Accumulation in the Apoptotic Response of SelH shRNA HeLa Cells to H2O2 Treatment
- Four faces of cellular senescence.J. Cell Biol. 2011; 192: 547-556
- Telomeric DNA damage is irreparable and causes persistent DNA-damage-response activation.Nat. Cell Biol. 2012; 14: 355-365
- The DNA damage signaling pathway connects oncogenic stress to cellular senescence.Cell Cycle. 2007; 6: 1831-1836
- Mitogenic signalling and the p16INK4a-Rb pathway cooperate to enforce irreversible cellular senescence.Nat. Cell Biol. 2006; 8: 1291-1297
- An oncogene-induced DNA damage model for cancer development.Science. 2008; 319: 1352-1355
- The matricellular protein CCN1 induces fibroblast senescence and restricts fibrosis in cutaneous wound healing.Nat. Cell Biol. 2010; 12: 676-685
- p16INK4A is a robust in vivo biomarker of cellular aging in human skin.Aging Cell. 2006; 5: 379-389
- Cellular senescence in endothelial cells from atherosclerotic patients is accelerated by oxidative stress associated with cardiovascular risk factors.Mech Ageing Dev. 2007; 128: 662-671
- DNA damage response and cellular senescence in tissues of aging mice.Aging Cell. 2009; 8: 311-323
- A biomarker that identifies senescent human cells in culture and in aging skin in vivo.Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 1995; 92: 9363-9367
- ATM activation by DNA double-strand breaks through the Mre11-Rad50-Nbs1 complex.Science. 2005; 308: 551-554
- ATM activation by oxidative stress.Science. 2010; 330: 517-521
- Activation of the ATM kinase by ionizing radiation and phosphorylation of p53.Science. 1998; 281: 1677-1679
- Oncogene-induced senescence is part of the tumorigenesis barrier imposed by DNA damage checkpoints.Nature. 2006; 444: 633-637
- Persistent amplification of DNA damage signal involved in replicative senescence of normal human diploid fibroblasts.Oxid. Med. Cell Longev. 2012; 2012: 310534
- Characterization of mammalian selenoproteomes.Science. 2003; 300: 1439-1443
- Selenoproteins.J. Biol. Chem. 2009; 284: 723-727
- Molecular biomarker panels for assessment of selenium status in rats.Exp. Biol. Med. 2010; 235: 1046-1052
- Selenium toxicity but not deficient or super-nutritional selenium status vastly alters the transcriptome in rodents.BMC Genomics. 2011; 12: 26
- Marginal selenium deficiency down-regulates inflammation-related genes in splenic leukocytes of the mouse.J. Nutr. Biochem. 2012; 23: 1170-1177
- Selenoproteins are essential for proper keratinocyte function and skin development.PLoS ONE. 2010; 5: e12249
- Osteo-chondroprogenitor-specific deletion of the selenocysteine tRNA gene, Trsp, leads to chondronecrosis and abnormal skeletal development: a putative model for Kashin-Beck disease.PLoS Genet. 2009; 5: e1000616
- Adaptive dysfunction of selenoproteins from the perspective of the triage theory: why modest selenium deficiency may increase risk of diseases of aging.FASEB J. 2011; 25: 1793-1814
- Selenoprotein H is a nucleolar thioredoxin-like protein with a unique expression pattern.J. Biol. Chem. 2007; 282: 11960-11968
- Antioxidant function of a novel selenoprotein in Drosophila melanogaster.Genes Cells. 2003; 8: 963-971
- Overexpression of selenoprotein H reduces Ht22 neuronal cell death after UVB irradiation by preventing superoxide formation.Int. J. Biol. Sci. 2007; 3: 198-204
- Selenoprotein H is a redox-sensing high mobility group family DNA-binding protein that up-regulates genes involved in glutathione synthesis and phase II detoxification.J. Biol. Chem. 2007; 282: 23759-23765
- Overexpression of human selenoprotein H in neuronal cells ameliorates ultraviolet irradiation-induced damage by modulating cell signaling pathways.Exp. Neurol. 2009; 220: 328-334
- Upregulation of human selenoprotein H in murine hippocampal neuronal cells promotes mitochondrial biogenesis and functional performance.Mitochondrion. 2011; 11: 76-82
- Nucleolus as an oxidative stress sensor in the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae.Redox Rep. 2010; 15: 87-96
- The nucleolus as a stress sensor: JNK2 inactivates the transcription factor TIF-IA and down-regulates rRNA synthesis.Genes Dev. 2005; 19: 933-941
- Human chromosome 3 corrects mismatch repair deficiency and microsatellite instability and reduces N-methyl-N′-nitro-N-nitrosoguanidine tolerance in colon tumor cells with homozygous hMLH1 mutation.Cancer Res. 1994; 54: 4308-4312
- Potential role of MLH1 in the induction of p53 and apoptosis by blocking transcription on damaged DNA templates.Mol. Cancer Res. 2003; 1: 747-754
- Selenium compounds activate early barriers of tumorigenesis.J. Biol. Chem. 2010; 285: 12055-12062
- Selenium compounds activate ATM-dependent DNA damage response via the mismatch repair protein hMLH1 in colorectal cancer cells.J. Biol. Chem. 2010; 285: 33010-33017
- Role for p53 in Selenium-Induced Senescence.J. Agric. Food Chem. 2011; 59: 11882-11887
- Cdk inhibition in human cells compromises chk1 function and activates a DNA damage response.Cancer Res. 2005; 65: 780-786
- gammaH2AX foci analysis for monitoring DNA double-strand break repair: strengths, limitations and optimization.Cell Cycle. 2010; 9: 662-669
- DNA damage activates ATM through intermolecular autophosphorylation and dimer dissociation.Nature. 2003; 421: 499-506
- Evaluation of different methods detecting intracellular generation of free radicals.Mol. Cell Biochem. 2009; 328: 167-176
- Autophosphorylation of DNA-PKCS regulates its dynamics at DNA double-strand breaks.J. Cell Biol. 2007; 177: 219-229
- Evaluation of fluorescent dyes for measuring intracellular glutathione content in primary cultures of human neurons and neuroblastoma SH-SY5Y.Cytometry A. 2003; 51: 16-25
- SLCO/OATP-like transport of glutathione in FasL-induced apoptosis: glutathione efflux is coupled to an organic anion exchange and is necessary for the progression of the execution phase of apoptosis.J. Biol. Chem. 2006; 281: 29542-29557
- The essence of senescence.Genes Dev. 2010; 24: 2463-2479
- Oxygen sensitivity severely limits the replicative lifespan of murine fibroblasts.Nat. Cell Biol. 2003; 5: 741-747
- Exposure of human diploid fibroblasts to hypoxia extends proliferative life span.Ann. N.Y. Acad. Sci. 2007; 1119: 9-19
- Cellular senescence: when bad things happen to good cells.Nat. Rev. Mol. Cell Biol. 2007; 8: 729-740
- Oxidative DNA damage and senescence of human diploid fibroblast cells.Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 1995; 92: 4337-4341
- Constitutive histone H2AX phosphorylation and ATM activation, the reporters of DNA damage by endogenous oxidants.Cell Cycle. 2006; 5: 1940-1945
- Chromatin-bound PCNA complex formation triggered by DNA damage occurs independent of the ATM gene product in human cells.Nucleic Acids Res. 2001; 29: 1341-1351
- PARG is recruited to DNA damage sites through poly(ADP-ribose)- and PCNA-dependent mechanisms.Nucleic Acids Res. 2011; 39: 5045-5056
- Ataxia telangiectasia mutated (ATM)-mediated DNA damage response in oxidative stress-induced vascular endothelial cell senescence.J. Biol. Chem. 2010; 285: 29662-29670
- Improved ATM kinase inhibitor KU-60019 radiosensitizes glioma cells, compromises insulin, AKT and ERK prosurvival signaling, and inhibits migration and invasion.Mol. Cancer Ther. 2009; 8: 2894-2902
- Up-regulation of the human gamma-glutamylcysteine synthetase regulatory subunit gene involves binding of Nrf-2 to an electrophile responsive element.Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 1999; 261: 661-668
- Regulation of the antioxidant response element by protein kinase C-mediated phosphorylation of NF-E2-related factor 2.Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 2000; 97: 12475-12480
- Oxygen effects on senescence in chondrocytes and mesenchymal stem cells: consequences for tissue engineering.Iowa Orthop J. 2004; 24: 15-20
- DNA damage response activation in mouse embryonic fibroblasts undergoing replicative senescence and following spontaneous immortalization.Cell Cycle. 2008; 7: 3601-3606
- Persistent DNA damage signalling triggers senescence-associated inflammatory cytokine secretion.Nat. Cell Biol. 2009; 11: 973-979
- Expression and characterization of recombinant human phospholipid hydroperoxide glutathione peroxidase.IUBMB Life. 2013; 65: 951-956
- Hydroxyurea induces hydroxyl radical-mediated cell death in Escherichia coli.Mol. Cell. 2009; 36: 845-860
- Plant antitumor agents. I. The isolation and structure of camptothecin, a novel alkaloidal leukemia and tumor inhibitor from camptotheca acuminate.J. Am. Chem. Soc. 1966; 88: 3888-3890
- DNA damage induces reactive oxygen species generation through the H2AX-Nox1/Rac1 pathway.Cell Death Dis. 2012; 3: e249
- The free radical theory of aging: the effect of age on serum mercaptan levels.J. Gerontol. 1960; 15: 38-40
- A stochastic step model of replicative senescence explains ROS production rate in ageing cell populations.PLoS ONE. 2012; 7: e32117
- Age and natural metabolically-intensive behavior affect oxidative stress and antioxidant mechanisms.Exp Gerontol. 2008; 43: 538-549
- Relationship between antioxidant potential and oxidative damage to lipids, proteins and DNA in aged rats.Physiol. Res. 2007; 56: 757-764
- Age-related changes in redox status of rat serum.Arch Gerontol. Geriatr. 2002; 34: 9-17
- Age-dependent changes of serum oxygen radical scavenger capacity and haemoglobin glycosylation in non-insulin-dependent diabetic patients.Gerontology. 2001; 47: 88-92
- Age-related change of antioxidant capacities in the cerebral cortex and hippocampus of stroke-prone spontaneously hypertensive rats.Neurosci. Lett. 1999; 273: 41-44
- Aging and lung antioxidant enzymes, glutathione, and lipid peroxidation in the rat.Free Radic Biol. Med. 1991; 10: 35-39
- Interplay between selenium levels, selenoprotein expression, and replicative senescence in WI-38 human fibroblasts.J. Biol. Chem. 2014; 289: 6299-6310
- Age and gender effects on DNA strand break repair in peripheral blood mononuclear cells.Aging Cell. 2013; 12: 58-66
- Oxidative damage in telomeric DNA disrupts recognition by TRF1 and TRF2.Nucleic Acids Res. 2005; 33: 1230-1239
- The role of intracellular peroxide levels on the development and maintenance of telomere-dependent senescence.Exp. Gerontol. 2007; 42: 1043-1052
- Selenium deficiency activates mouse liver Nrf2-ARE but vitamin E deficiency does not.Free Radic Biol. Med. 2008; 44: 1617-1623
- Four selenoproteins, protein biosynthesis, and Wnt signalling are particularly sensitive to limited selenium intake in mouse colon.Mol. Nutr. Food Res. 2009; 53: 1561-1572
- Decline in transcriptional activity of Nrf2 causes age-related loss of glutathione synthesis, which is reversible with lipoic acid.Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 2004; 101: 3381-3386
- Transcriptional regulation of thioredoxin reductase 1 expression by cadmium in vascular endothelial cells: role of NF-E2-related factor-2.J. Cell. Physiol. 2005; 203: 529-537
- Glutathione peroxidase 2, the major cigarette smoke-inducible isoform of GPX in lungs, is regulated by Nrf2.Am. J. Respir. Cell Mol. Biol. 2006; 35: 639-650
- The free radical theory of aging is dead. Long live the damage theory!.Antioxid. Redox Signal. 2014; 20: 727-731
- Abundance of ribosomal RNA gene copies maintains genome integrity.Science. 2010; 327: 693-696
- Topological domains in mammalian genomes identified by analysis of chromatin interactions.Nature. 2012; 485: 376-380
User LicenseCreative Commons Attribution (CC BY 4.0) |
- Read, print & download
- Redistribute or republish the final article
- Text & data mine
- Translate the article
- Reuse portions or extracts from the article in other works
- Sell or re-use for commercial purposes
Elsevier's open access license policy