- Chen H.
- Charlat O.
- Tartaglia L.A.
- Woolf E.A.
- Weng X.
- Ellis S.J.
- Lakey N.D.
- Culpepper J.
- Moore K.J.
- Breitbart R.E.
- Duyk G.M.
- Tepper R.I.
- Morgenstern J.P.
- Retinoids regulate stem cell differentiation.J. Cell. Physiol. 2011; 226: 322-330
- Retinoids induce stem cell differentiation via epigenetic changes.Semin. Cell Dev. Biol. 2013; 24: 701-705
- Dorsal pancreas agenesis in retinoic acid-deficient Raldh2 mutant mice.Dev. Biol. 2005; 284: 399-411
- Retinoic acid generated by Raldh2 in mesoderm is required for mouse dorsal endodermal pancreas development.Dev. Dyn. 2005; 232: 950-957
- Retinoic acid promotes the generation of pancreatic endocrine progenitor cells and their further differentiation into beta-cells.PLoS One. 2008; 3: e2841
- Identification of 9-cis-retinoic acid as a pancreas-specific autacoid that attenuates glucose-stimulated insulin secretion.Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 2010; 107: 21884-21889
- Deletion of retinoic acid receptor β (RARβ) impairs pancreatic endocrine differentiation.Exp. Cell Res. 2013; 319: 2196-2204
- Effects of vitamin A deficiency and repletion on rat insulin secretion in vivo and in vitro from isolated islets.J. Clin. Invest. 1987; 79: 163-169
- Effects of vitamin A deficiency and repletion on rat glucagon secretion.Pancreas. 1994; 9: 475-484
- Vitamin A deficiency impairs fetal islet development and causes subsequent glucose intolerance in adult rats.J. Nutr. 2004; 134: 1958-1963
- Decreased beta-cell mass in diabetes: significance, mechanisms and therapeutic implications.Diabetologia. 2004; 47: 581-589
- Disruption of the lecithin:retinol acyltransferase gene makes mice more susceptible to vitamin A deficiency.J. Biol. Chem. 2005; 280: 40226-40234
- PDX1 in ducts is not required for postnatal formation of β-cells but is necessary for their subsequent maturation.Diabetes. 2013; 62: 3459-3468
- Endocrinization of FGF1 produces a neomorphic and potent insulin sensitizer.Nature. 2014; 513: 436-439
- A new mathematical model for relative quantification in real-time RT-PCR.Nucleic Acids Res. 2001; 29: e45
- Argonaute2 mediates compensatory expansion of the pancreatic β cell.Cell Metab. 2014; 19: 122-134
- Retinoid absorption and storage is impaired in mice lacking lecithin:retinol acyltransferase (LRAT).J. Biol. Chem. 2005; 280: 35647-35657
- CYP26, a novel mammalian cytochrome P450, is induced by retinoic acid and defines a new family.J. Biol. Chem. 1997; 272: 18702-18708
- Retinoid regulated association of transcriptional co-regulators and the polycomb group protein SUZ12 with the retinoic acid response elements of Hoxa1, RARbeta(2), and Cyp26A1 in F9 embryonal carcinoma cells.J. Mol. Biol. 2007; 372: 298-316
- All-trans and 9-cis-retinoic acid induction of CRABPII transcription is mediated by RAR-RXR heterodimers bound to DR1 and DR2 repeated motifs.Cell. 1992; 71: 73-85
- Cellular retinol-binding protein I is essential for vitamin A homeostasis.EMBO J. 1999; 18: 4903-4914
- The role of CYP26 enzymes in retinoic acid clearance.Expert Opin. Drug Metab. Toxicol. 2009; 5: 875-886
- A crucial role for cellular retinol-binding protein I in retinoid signaling.J. Natl. Cancer Inst. 2005; 97: 3-4
- Genetic evidence that oxidative derivatives of retinoic acid are not involved in retinoid signaling during mouse development.Nat. Genet. 2002; 31: 84-88
- Decreased cellular retinol-binding protein expression coincides with the loss of retinol responsiveness in rat cervical epithelial cells.Exp. Cell Res. 1997; 230: 38-44
- Storage of vitamin A in extrahepatic stellate cells in normal rats.J. Lipid Res. 1997; 38: 645-658
- Activation of pancreatic stellate cells in human and experimental pancreatic fibrosis.Am. J. Pathol. 1999; 155: 1087-1095
- Between death and survival: retinoic acid in regulation of apoptosis.Annu. Rev. Nutr. 2010; 30: 201-217
- The biochemistry of apoptosis.Nature. 2000; 407: 770-776
- Quantification of pancreatic islet distribution in situ in mice.Am. J. Physiol. Endocrinol. Metab. 2009; 297: E1331-E1338
- Islet architecture: A comparative study.Islets. 2009; 1: 129-136
- Mathematical models of pancreatic islet size distributions.Islets. 2012; 4: 10-19
- Retinoic acid signaling is essential for pancreas development and promotes endocrine at the expense of exocrine cell differentiation in Xenopus.Dev. Biol. 2004; 271: 144-160
- Direct evidence for the pancreatic lineage: NGN3+ cells are islet progenitors and are distinct from duct progenitors.Development. 2002; 129: 2447-2457
- Duct cells contribute to regeneration of endocrine and acinar cells following pancreatic damage in adult mice.Gastroenterology. 2011; 141 (1462.e1 6): 1451-1462
- Beta cells can be generated from endogenous progenitors in injured adult mouse pancreas.Cell. 2008; 132: 197-207
- neurogenin3 is required for the development of the four endocrine cell lineages of the pancreas.Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 2000; 97: 1607-1611
- Adult duct-lining cells can reprogram into β-like cells able to counter repeated cycles of toxin-induced diabetes.Dev Cell. 2013; 26: 86-100
- Neurogenin 3+ cells contribute to β-cell neogenesis and proliferation in injured adult mouse pancreas.Cell Death Dis. 2013; 4: e523
- PDX-1 is required for pancreatic outgrowth and differentiation of the rostral duodenum.Development. 1996; 122: 983-995
- Conditional expression demonstrates the role of the homeodomain transcription factor Pdx1 in maintenance and regeneration of beta-cells in the adult pancreas.Diabetes. 2005; 54: 2586-2595
- PDX-1 haploinsufficiency limits the compensatory islet hyperplasia that occurs in response to insulin resistance.J. Clin. Invest. 2004; 114: 828-836
- Reduced PDX-1 expression impairs islet response to insulin resistance and worsens glucose homeostasis.Am. J. Physiol. Endocrinol. Metab. 2005; 288: E707-E714
- Generation of functional insulin-producing cells in the gut by Foxo1 ablation.Nat. Genet. 2012; 44: 406-412
- All-trans-retinoic acid represses obesity and insulin resistance by activating both peroxisome proliferation-activated receptor beta/delta and retinoic acid receptor.Mol. Cell. Biol. 2009; 29: 3286-3296
- Retinoic acid blocks adipogenesis by inhibiting C/EBPbeta-mediated transcription.Mol. Cell. Biol. 1997; 17: 1552-1561
- All-trans-retinoic acid ameliorates hepatic steatosis in mice by a novel transcriptional cascade.Hepatology. 2014; 59: 1750-1760
- Retinol-binding protein 4 and insulin resistance in lean, obese, and diabetic subjects.N. Engl. J. Med. 2006; 354: 2552-2563
- Retinol binding protein 4 concentrations are influenced by renal function in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus.Metabolism. 2008; 57: 1340-1344
- A randomized, double-blind study of the effects of fenretinide administered in subjects with obesity.ClinicalTrials.gov. National Library of Medicine, Bethesda, MD2000
- Evidence that the diabetes gene encodes the leptin receptor: identification of a mutation in the leptin receptor gene in db/db mice.Cell. 1996; 84: 491-495
- Reduced proliferation and a high apoptotic frequency of pancreatic beta cells contribute to genetically-determined diabetes susceptibility of db/db BKS mice.Horm Metab. Res. 2011; 43: 306-311
- Altered islet composition and disproportionate loss of large islets in patients with type 2 diabetes.PLoS One. 2011; 6: e27445
- Regional differences in islet distribution in the human pancreas: preferential beta-cell loss in the head region in patients with type 2 diabetes.PLoS One. 2013; 8: e67454
- Islet amyloid: a critical entity in the pathogenesis of type 2 diabetes.J. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab. 2004; 89: 3629-3643
- Islet loss and alpha cell expansion in type 1 diabetes induced by multiple low-dose streptozotocin administration in mice.J. Endocrinol. 2000; 165: 93-99
- Regeneration of pancreatic non-β endocrine cells in adult mice following a single diabetes-inducing dose of streptozotocin.PLoS One. 2012; 7: e36675
- Transgenic expression of epidermal growth factor and keratinocyte growth factor in beta-cells results in substantial morphological changes.J. Endocrinol. 1999; 162: 167-175
- Pancreatic β-cell neogenesis by direct conversion from mature α-cells.Stem Cells. 2010; 28: 1630-1638
- Conversion of adult pancreatic alpha-cells to beta-cells after extreme beta-cell loss.Nature. 2010; 464: 1149-1154
- Embryonic endocrine pancreas and mature beta cells acquire alpha and PP cell phenotypes upon Arx misexpression.J. Clin. Invest. 2007; 117: 961-970
User LicenseCreative Commons Attribution (CC BY 4.0) |
- Read, print & download
- Redistribute or republish the final article
- Text & data mine
- Translate the article
- Reuse portions or extracts from the article in other works
- Sell or re-use for commercial purposes
Elsevier's open access license policy