- van de Ven C.
- Bialecka M.
- Neijts R.
- Young T.
- Rowland J.E.
- Stringer E.J.
- Van Rooijen C.
- Meijlink F.
- Nóvoa A.
- Freund J.N.
- Mallo M.
- Beck F.
- Deschamps J.
Wnt-mediated Induction of Pax3 Expression at Neural Plate Border
Regulation of Pax3 Expression via NCE2
Novel Function for Cdx Proteins in Caudal Neurectoderm Development
- Transgenic rescue of congenital heart disease and spina bifida in Splotch mice.Development. 1999; 126: 2495-2503
- Analysis of the developmental effects of a lethal mutation in the house mouse.J. Exp. Zool. 1954; 127: 305-329
- Gene-regulatory interactions in neural crest evolution and development.Dev. Cell. 2004; 7: 291-299
- Assembling neural crest regulatory circuits into a gene regulatory network.Annu. Rev. Cell Dev. Biol. 2010; 26: 581-603
- Msx1 and Pax3 cooperate to mediate FGF8 and WNT signals during Xenopus neural crest induction.Dev. Cell. 2005; 8: 167-178
- Pax3 stimulates p53 ubiquitination and degradation independent of transcription.PloS One. 2011; 6: e29379
- Rescue of neural tube defects in Pax-3-deficient embryos by p53 loss of function. Implications for Pax-3-dependent development and tumorigenesis.Genes Dev. 2002; 16: 676-680
- An exonic mutation in the HuP2 paired domain gene causes Waardenburg's syndrome.Nature. 1992; 355: 637-638
- Mutations in PAX3 that cause Waardenburg syndrome type I. Ten new mutations and review of the literature.Am. J. Med. Genet. 1995; 58: 115-122
- Waardenburg's syndrome patients have mutations in the human homologue of the Pax-3 paired box gene.Nature. 1992; 355: 635-636
- Pax-3, a novel murine DNA binding protein expressed during early neurogenesis.EMBO J. 1991; 10: 1135-1147
- Positive and negative DNA sequence elements are required to establish the pattern of Pax3 expression.Development. 1997; 124: 617-626
- Identification of minimal enhancer elements sufficient for Pax3 expression in neural crest and implication of Tead2 as a regulator of Pax3.Development. 2004; 131: 829-837
- Pbx1 functions in distinct regulatory networks to pattern the great arteries and cardiac outflow tract.Development. 2008; 135: 3577-3586
- Hox/Pbx and Brn binding sites mediate Pax3 expression in vitro in vivo.Gene Expr. Patterns. 2004; 4: 671-685
- Dynamic alterations in gene expression after Wnt-mediated induction of avian neural crest.Mol. Biol. Cell. 2005; 16: 5283-5293
- Signals from the notochord and floor plate regulate the region-specific expression of two Pax genes in the developing spinal cord.Development. 1993; 117: 1001-1016
- Expression of Pax-3 is initiated in the early neural plate by posteriorizing signals produced by the organizer and by posterior non-axial mesoderm.Development. 1997; 124: 2075-2085
- Expression of Pax-3 in the lateral neural plate is dependent on a Wnt-mediated signal from posterior nonaxial mesoderm.Dev. Biol. 1999; 212: 366-380
- Reiterative AP2a activity controls sequential steps in the neural crest gene regulatory network.Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 2011; 108: 155-160
- The ParaHox gene cluster is an evolutionary sister of the Hox gene cluster.Nature. 1998; 392: 920-922
- Expression of Cdx-2 in the mouse embryo and placenta. Possible role in patterning of the extra-embryonic membranes.Dev. Dyn. 1995; 204: 219-227
- Mouse Cdx-1 expression during gastrulation.Development. 1993; 117: 191-203
- Murine Cdx-4 bears striking similarities to the Drosophila caudal gene in its homeodomain sequence and early expression pattern.Mech. Dev. 1993; 43: 71-81
- Cdx4/LacZ and Cdx2/LacZ protein gradients formed by decay during gastrulation in the mouse.Int. J. Dev. Biol. 2005; 49: 901-908
- Homeobox genes in gut development.Gut. 2002; 51: 450-454
- Multiple pathways governing Cdx1 expression during murine development.Dev. Biol. 2001; 239: 257-269
- Wnt signaling is a key mediator of Cdx1 expression in vivo.Development. 2007; 134: 2315-2323
- Cdx4 is a direct target of the canonical Wnt pathway.Dev. Biol. 2006; 289: 55-63
- Wnt/β-catenin signaling regulates the expression of the homeobox gene Cdx1 in embryonic intestine.Development. 2000; 127: 3805-3813
- BMP and Wnt specify hematopoietic fate by activation of the Cdx-Hox pathway.Cell Stem Cell. 2008; 2: 72-82
- FGF signal transduction and the regulation of Cdx gene expression.Dev. Biol. 2006; 299: 478-488
- Wnt-3a is required for somite specification along the anteroposterior axis of the mouse embryo and for regulation of Cdx-1 expression.Mech. Dev. 2001; 103: 27-33
- Retinoic acid regulates a subset of Cdx1 function in vivo.Development. 2003; 130: 6555-6567
- Retinoic acid regulation of Cdx1. An indirect mechanism for retinoids and vertebral specification.Mol. Cell. Biol. 2000; 20: 6579-6586
- Overlapping functions of Cdx1, Cdx2, and Cdx4 in the development of the amphibian Xenopus tropicalis.Dev. Dyn. 2009; 238: 835-852
- Initiating Hox gene expression. In the early chick neural tube differential sensitivity to FGF and RA signaling subdivides the HoxB genes in two distinct groups.Development. 2002; 129: 5103-5115
- Interaction of Wnt and caudal-related genes in zebrafish posterior body formation.Dev. Biol. 2005; 279: 125-141
- Multiple regulatory regions control the complex expression pattern of the mouse Cdx2 homeobox gene.Gastroenterology. 2008; 135 (1247.e1–3): 1238-1247
- Lymphoid enhancer factor 1-mediated Wnt signaling promotes the initiation of trophoblast lineage differentiation in mouse embryonic stem cells.Stem Cells. 2008; 26: 842-849
- Pinin modulates expression of an intestinal homeobox gene, Cdx2, and plays an essential role for small intestinal morphogenesis.Dev. Biol. 2010; 345: 191-203
- Aggregated P19 mouse embryonal carcinoma cells as a simple in vitro model to study the molecular regulations of mesoderm formation and axial elongation morphogenesis.Genesis. 2009; 47: 93-106
- An early role for WNT signaling in specifying neural patterns of Cdx Hox gene expression and motor neuron subtype identity.PLoS Biol. 2006; 4: e252
- A functional role of Cdx2 in β-catenin signaling during transdifferentiation in endometrial carcinomas.Carcinogenesis. 2007; 28: 1885-1892
- Effect of retinoic acid signaling on Wnt/β-catenin and FGF signaling during body axis extension.Gene Expr. Patterns. 2009; 9: 430-435
- Cdx1 autoregulation is governed by a novel Cdx1-LEF1 transcription complex.Mol. Cell. Biol. 2004; 24: 5028-5038
- Cdx2 is required for correct cell fate specification and differentiation of trophectoderm in the mouse blastocyst.Development. 2005; 132: 2093-2102
- Cdx1 and Cdx2 are functionally equivalent in vertebral patterning.Dev. Biol. 2009; 330: 114-122
- Cdx2 regulation of posterior development through non-Hox targets.Development. 2009; 136: 4099-4110
- Establishment of intestinal identity and epithelial-mesenchymal signaling by Cdx2.Dev. Cell. 2009; 16: 588-599
- Cdx Hox genes differentially regulate posterior axial growth in mammalian embryos.Dev. Cell. 2009; 17: 516-526
- The Cdx4 mutation affects axial development and reveals an essential role of Cdx genes in the ontogenesis of the placental labyrinth in mice.Development. 2006; 133: 419-428
- Cdx1 and Cdx2 have overlapping functions in anteroposterior patterning and posterior axis elongation.Development. 2002; 129: 2181-2193
- Cdx mediates neural tube closure through transcriptional regulation of the planar cell polarity gene Ptk7.Development. 2011; 138: 1361-1370
- Cdx gene deficiency compromises embryonic hematopoiesis in the mouse.Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 2008; 105: 7756-7761
- Disruption of the murine homeobox gene Cdx1 affects axial skeletal identities by altering the mesodermal expression domains of Hox genes.Cell. 1995; 83: 641-653
- Cdx regulates Dll1 in multiple lineages.Dev. Biol. 2012; 361: 1-11
- Essential and redundant functions of caudal family proteins in activating adult intestinal genes.Mol. Cell. Biol. 2011; 31: 2026-2039
- A homeodomain protein related to caudal regulates intestine-specific gene transcription.Mol. Cell. Biol. 1994; 14: 7340-7351
- Cdx2 regulates patterning of the intestinal epithelium.Dev. Biol. 2010; 339: 155-165
- Cdx2 levels modulate intestinal epithelium maturity and Paneth cell development.Gastroenterology. 2011; 140: 517-528.e8
- Cdx1 refines positional identity of the vertebrate hindbrain by directly repressing Mafb expression.Development. 2011; 138: 65-74
- Repression of the hindbrain developmental program by Cdx factors is required for the specification of the vertebrate spinal cord.Development. 2007; 134: 2147-2158
- Regulation of Hox gene expression and posterior development by the Xenopus caudal homologue Xcad3.EMBO J. 1998; 17: 3413-3427
- Concerted involvement of Cdx/Hox genes and Wnt signaling in morphogenesis of the caudal neural tube and cloacal derivatives from the posterior growth zone.Development. 2011; 138: 3451-3462
- Increased Cdx protein dose effects upon axial patterning in transgenic lines of mice.Development. 2008; 135: 2511-2520
- Transducing positional information to the Hox genes. Critical interaction of cdx gene products with position-sensitive regulatory elements.Development. 1998; 125: 4349-4358
- Nodal regulates neural tube formation in the Ciona intestinalis embryo.Dev. Genes Evol. 2007; 217: 593-601
- Migratory neural crest-like cells form body pigmentation in a urochordate embryo.Nature. 2004; 431: 696-699
- Inducible expression of an hsp68-lacZ hybrid gene in transgenic mice.Development. 1989; 105: 707-714
- Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, Cold Spring Harbor, NY2003: 341-358 Manipulating the Mouse Embryo: A Laboratory Manual.
- Novel pre- and post-gastrulation expression of Gata4 within cells of the inner cell mass and migratory neural crest cells.Dev. Dyn. 2008; 237: 1133-1143
- Academic Press, London1992: 38-81 The Atlas of Mouse Development.
- Active repression of transcription by the engrailed homeodomain protein.EMBO J. 1991; 10: 1427-1433
- Luciferase reporter gene vectors for analysis of promoters and enhancers.BioTechniques. 1988; 6: 454-458
- Cytoskeletal reorganization by soluble Wnt-3a protein signaling.Genes Cells. 1998; 3: 659-670
- Heparin activates Wnt signaling for neuronal morphogenesis.J. Cell. Physiol. 2008; 216: 805-815
- β-Catenin up-regulates Atoh1 expression in neural progenitor cells by interaction with an Atoh1 3′ enhancer.J. Biol. Chem. 2010; 285: 392-400
- β-Catenin is essential and sufficient for skeletal myogenesis in P19 cells.J. Biol. Chem. 2002; 277: 15393-15399
- Cdx4 is a Cdx2 target gene.Mech. Dev. 2011; 128: 41-48
- Distinct enhancers at the Pax3 locus can function redundantly to regulate neural tube and neural crest expressions.Dev. Biol. 2010; 339: 519-527
- Stage-specific control of connective tissue growth factor (CTGF/CCN2) expression in chondrocytes by Sox9 and β-catenin.J. Biol. Chem. 2010; 285: 27702-27712
- Interactions between SOX factors and Wnt/β-catenin signaling in development and disease.Dev. Dyn. 2010; 239: 56-68
- Wnt-mediated activation of NeuroD1 and retro-elements during adult neurogenesis.Nat. Neurosci. 2009; 12: 1097-1105
- Sox17 modulates Wnt3A/β-catenin-mediated transcriptional activation of the Lef-1 promoter.Am. J. Physiol. Lung Cell. Mol. Physiol. 2010; 299: L694-L710
- Transcription factor AP-2 essential for cranial closure and craniofacial development.Nature. 1996; 381: 235-238
- The posteriorizing gene Gbx2 is a direct target of Wnt signaling and the earliest factor in neural crest induction.Development. 2009; 136: 3267-3278
- Gbx2 and Otx2 interact with the WD40 domain of Groucho/Tle corepressors.Mol. Cell. Biol. 2007; 27: 340-351
- Molecular characterization of cDNA encoding a novel protein related to transcriptional enhancer factor-1 from neural precursor cells.J. Biol. Chem. 1995; 270: 18649-18654
- Tead proteins activate the Foxa2 enhancer in the node in cooperation with a second factor.Development. 2005; 132: 4719-4729
- Identification of Pax2-regulated genes by expression profiling of the mid-hindbrain organizer region.Development. 2005; 132: 2633-2643
- Expression of a large family of POU-domain regulatory genes in mammalian brain development.Nature. 1989; 340: 35-41
- Regulatory regions from the Brn4 promoter direct LACZ expression to the developing forebrain and neural tube.Brain Res. Dev. Brain Res. 2001; 128: 83-90
- Brn-1 and Brn-2 share crucial roles in the production and positioning of mouse neocortical neurons.Genes Dev. 2002; 16: 1760-1765
- Brain 4. A novel mammalian POU domain transcription factor exhibiting restricted brain-specific expression.EMBO J. 1992; 11: 2551-2561
- Expression and activity of the POU transcription factor SCIP.Science. 1990; 249: 1300-1303
- Cdx-Hox code controls competence for responding to Fgfs and retinoic acid in zebrafish neural tissue.Development. 2006; 133: 4709-4719
- RACK1 is a novel interaction partner of PTK7 that is required for neural tube closure.Development. 2011; 138: 1321-1327
- PTK7 is essential for polarized cell motility and convergent extension during mouse gastrulation.Development. 2009; 136: 2039-2048
- Decreased neural crest stem cell expansion is responsible for the conotruncal heart defects within the splotch (Sp(2H))/Pax3 mouse mutant.Cardiovasc. Res. 2000; 47: 314-328
- Migration of cardiac neural crest cells in Splotch embryos.Development. 2000; 127: 1869-1878
- Pax3 is essential for normal cardiac neural crest morphogenesis but is not required during migration nor outflow tract septation.Dev. Biol. 2011; 356: 308-322
- Dysgenesis of cephalic neural crest derivatives in Pax7−/− mutant mice.Development. 1996; 122: 831-838
- Migratory patterns and developmental potential of trunk neural crest cells in the axolotl embryo.Dev. Dyn. 2007; 236: 389-403
- Dissimilar regulation of cell differentiation in mesencephalic (cranial) and sacral (trunk) neural crest cells in vitro.Development. 2003; 130: 4567-4579
- Neural crest cell plasticity and its limits.Development. 2004; 131: 4637-4650
- Graded potential of neural crest to form cornea, sensory neurons, and cartilage along the rostrocaudal axis.Development. 2004; 131: 1979-1991
- Anterior/posterior influences on neural crest-derived pigment cell differentiation.Pigment Cell Res. 1998; 11: 189-197
A Fonds de la Recherche en Santé du Québec Jr1 scholar.
User LicenseCreative Commons Attribution (CC BY 4.0) |
- Read, print & download
- Redistribute or republish the final article
- Text & data mine
- Translate the article
- Reuse portions or extracts from the article in other works
- Sell or re-use for commercial purposes
Elsevier's open access license policy