MATERIALS AND METHODS
Cell Cultures and Reagents
Molecular Reagents and Procedures
Immunoblotting and Immunoprecipitation
Cycloheximide Chase Assay
Criteria for Protein Identification
Motility and Invasion Assays
WASF3 Interacts with HSP90
|Protein||Accession no.||Mol. mass||Amino acid coverage||No. of peptides||Peptide sequence|
|WASF3||gi 13699803||55, 293.8||43/502 amino acids (8.6%)||2||GALPEGITSELEcVTNSTLAAIIREQEAKREPVGNDVATILSR|
|HSP90||gi 153792590||98, 165.1||139/854 amino acids (16.3%)||6||QDRTLTIVDTGIGMTKADLINNLGTIAK|
|NCKAP1||gi 119631358||129, 280.1||100/1132 amino acids (8.8%)||5||NLITDIcTEQcTLSDQLLPK|
|CYFIP2||gi 125490318||150, 789.6||184/1304 amino acids (14.1%)||7||YIEQATVHSSmNEmLEEGHEYAVMLYTWR|
Inhibition of HSP90 Leads to WASF3 Inactivation
- Guo F.
- Rocha K.
- Bali P.
- Pranpat M.
- Fiskus W.
- Boyapalle S.
- Kumaraswamy S.
- Balasis M.
- Greedy B.
- Armitage E.S.
- Lawrence N.
- Bhalla K.
HSP70 Is Important Regulator of WASF3 Protein Stability
WASF3 Is Protected from Proteasome Degradation by HSP70
WASF3 Contributes to HSP70-induced Cancer Cell Migration and Invasion
- Identification of two human WAVE/SCAR homologues as general actin regulatory molecules that associate with the Arp2/3 complex.Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 1999; 260: 296-302
- WAVE3-mediated cell migration and lamellipodia formation are regulated downstream of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase.J. Biol. Chem. 2005; 280: 21748-21755
- Inactivation of the WASF3 gene in prostate cancer cells leads to suppression of tumorigenicity and metastases.Br. J. Cancer. 2010; 103: 1066-1075
- Down-regulation of WAVE3, a metastasis promoter gene, inhibits invasion and metastasis of breast cancer cells.Am. J. Pathol. 2007; 170: 2112-2121
- Functional interrelationship between the WASF3 and KISS1 metastasis-associated genes in breast cancer cells.Int. J. Cancer. 2011; 129: 2825-2835
- Mechanism of regulation of WAVE1-induced actin nucleation by Rac1 and Nck.Nature. 2002; 418: 790-793
- Sra-1 and Nap1 link Rac to actin assembly driving lamellipodia formation.EMBO J. 2004; 23: 749-759
- Molecular chaperones in the cytosol: From nascent chain to folded protein.Science. 2002; 295: 1852-1858
- Hsp70 chaperones: Cellular functions and molecular mechanism.Cell Mol. Life Sci. 2005; 62: 670-684
- Targeting heat shock response to sensitize cancer cells to proteasome and Hsp90 inhibitors.Cancer Res. 2006; 66: 1783-1791
- Heat shock protein Hsp72 controls oncogene-induced senescence pathways in cancer cells.Mol. Cell Biol. 2009; 29: 559-569
- Empirical statistical model to estimate the accuracy of peptide identifications made by MS/MS and database search.Anal. Chem. 2002; 74: 5383-5392
- A statistical model for identifying proteins by tandem mass spectrometry.Anal. Chem. 2003; 75: 4646-4658
- HSP90 and the chaperoning of cancer.Nat. Rev. Cancer. 2005; 5: 761-772
- Benzoquinone ansamycin heat shock protein 90 inhibitors modulate multiple functions required for tumor angiogenesis.Mol. Cancer Ther. 2006; 5: 522-532
- 17-Allylamino-17-demethoxygeldanamycin down-regulates hyaluronic acid-induced glioma invasion by blocking matrix metalloproteinase-9 secretion.Mol. Cancer Res. 2008; 6: 1657-1665
- HSP90 modulates actin dynamics: Inhibition of HSP90 leads to decreased cell motility and impairs invasion.Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 2011; 1813: 213-221
- Abrogation of heat shock protein 70 induction as a strategy to increase antileukemia activity of heat shock protein 90 inhibitor 17-allylamino-demethoxy geldanamycin.Cancer Res. 2005; 65: 10536-10544
- The heat shock protein 90 antagonist novobiocin interacts with a previously unrecognized ATP-binding domain in the carboxyl terminus of the chaperone.J. Biol. Chem. 2000; 275: 37181-37186
- Comparative analysis of the ATP-binding sites of Hsp90 by nucleotide affinity cleavage: a distinct nucleotide specificity of the C-terminal ATP-binding site.Eur. J. Biochem. 2003; 270: 2421-2428
- c-Abl-mediated phosphorylation of WAVE3 is required for lamellipodia formation and cell migration.J. Biol. Chem. 2007; 282: 26257-26265
- The heat shock protein 90 antagonist geldanamycin alters chaperone association with p210bcr-abl and v-src proteins before their degradation by the proteasome.Cell Growth Differ. 2000; 11: 355-360
- Interaction of Hsp 70 with newly synthesized proteins: Implications for protein folding and assembly.Science. 1990; 248: 850-854
- 70K heat shock related proteins stimulate protein translocation into microsomes.Nature. 1988; 332: 805-810
- A role for a 70-kilodalton heat shock protein in lysosomal degradation of intracellular proteins.Science. 1989; 246: 382-385
- The cellular fate of mutant rhodopsin: Quality control, degradation, and aggresome formation.J. Cell Sci. 2002; 115: 2907-2918
- Benzylidene lactam compound, KNK437, a novel inhibitor of acquisition of thermotolerance and heat shock protein induction in human colon carcinoma cells.Cancer Res. 2000; 60: 2942-2948
- Heat shock, stress proteins, chaperones, and proteotoxicity.Cell. 1991; 66: 191-197
- A small molecule inhibitor of inducible heat shock protein 70.Mol. Cell. 2009; 36: 15-27
- Germ cell-specific heat shock protein 70-2 is expressed in cervical carcinoma and is involved in the growth, migration, and invasion of cervical cells.Cancer. 2010; 116: 3785-3796
- Heat shock protein 70-2 (HSP70-2) expression in bladder urothelial carcinoma is associated with tumor progression and promotes migration and invasion.Eur. J. Cancer. 2010; 46: 207-215
- Cell surface heat shock protein 90 modulates prostate cancer cell adhesion and invasion through the integrin-β1/focal adhesion kinase/c-Src signaling pathway.Oncol. Rep. 2011; 25: 1343-1351
- Functional proteomic screens reveal an essential extracellular role for hsp90α in cancer cell invasiveness.Nat. Cell Biol. 2004; 6: 507-514
- Extracellular heat shock protein (Hsp)70 and Hsp90α assist in matrix metalloproteinase-2 activation and breast cancer cell migration and invasion.PLoS One. 2011; 6e18848
- RNAi knockdown of Hop (Hsp70/Hsp90 organizing protein) decreases invasion via MMP-2 down-regulation.Cancer Lett. 2011; 306: 180-189
- Inhibition of cancer invasion and metastasis by targeting the molecular chaperone heat shock protein 90.Anticancer Res. 2009; 29: 797-807
- Abelson-interactor-1 promotes WAVE2 membrane translocation and Abelson-mediated tyrosine phosphorylation required for WAVE2 activation.Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 2005; 102: 1098-10103
- Secreted heat shock protein 90α induces colorectal cancer cell invasion through CD91/LRP-1 and NF-κB-mediated integrin αV expression.J. Biol. Chem. 2010; 285: 25458-25466
User LicenseCreative Commons Attribution (CC BY 4.0) |
- Read, print & download
- Redistribute or republish the final article
- Text & data mine
- Translate the article
- Reuse portions or extracts from the article in other works
- Sell or re-use for commercial purposes
Elsevier's open access license policy